Scientific data and clinical evidence are of utmost importance to us. Scientific publications of special interest in the field of Episealer implants are presented below.
SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATIONS – EPISURF REFERENCES
* Martinez-Carranza, N., et al., Cartilage Health in Knees Treated with Metal Resurfacing Implants or Untreated Focal Cartilage Lesions: A Preclinical Study in Sheep. Cartilage, 2017. In press
* Laursen, J.O., 3-Year Clinical Result of a Customized Metal Mini-Prosthesis for Focal Chondral Lesion in The Knee Of A Formerly Active 31-Year-Old Man. Journal of Exercise, Sports & Orthopedics, 2017. 4(2): p. 1-3.
* Ryd, L., The mini-metal concept for treating focal chondral lesions and its possible application in athletes. Aspetar Sports Medicine Journal, 2016. July 2016(5): p. 292-295.
* Martinez-Carranza, N., et al., Treatment of full thickness focal cartilage lesions with a metallic resurfacing implant in a sheep animal model, 1 year evaluation. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, 2016. 24: p. 484-493.
* Martinez-Carranza, N., et al., Fixation of a double-coated titanium-hydroxyapatite focal knee resurfacing implant: A 12-month study in sheep. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, 2014. 22(6): p. 836-844.
* Sköldenberg, O., et al., Measurement of the migration of a focal knee resurfacing implant with radiostereometry. Acta Orthopaedica, 2014. 85(1): p. 79-83.
* Manda, K. and A. Eriksson, Modeling of constrained articular cartilage growth in an intact knee with focal knee resurfacing metal implant. Biomechanics and Modeling in Mechanobiology, 2014. 13(3): p. 599-613.
* Martinez-Carranza, N., et al., Focal knee resurfacing and effects of surgical precision on opposing cartilage. A pilot study on 12 sheep. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, 2013. 21(5): p. 739-745.
* Manda, K. and A. Eriksson, Time-dependent behavior of cartilage surrounding a metal implant for full-thickness cartilage defects of various sizes: a finite element study. Biomechanics and Modeling in Mechanobiology, 2012. 11(5): p. 731-742.
* Manda, K., L. Ryd, and A. Eriksson, Finite element simulations of a focal knee resurfacing implant applied to localized cartilage defects in a sheep model. Journal of Biomechanics, 2011. 44(5): p. 794-801.
SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATIONS – RELATED REFERENCES
* Fuchs, A., et al., Focal metallic inlay resurfacing prosthesis for the treatment of localized cartilage defects of the femoral condyles: a systematic review of clinical studies. Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy, 2017. In press.
* Nathwani, D., et al., Partial Resurfacing of the Knee with the BioPoly Implant: Interim Report at 2 Years. JBJS Open Access, 2017. 2(2): p. e0011.
* Becher, C. and E.B. Cantiller, Focal articular prosthetic resurfacing for the treatment of full-thickness articular cartilage defects in the knee: 12-year follow-up of two cases and review of the literature. Archives of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, 2017. 137(9): p. 1307-1317.
* Patel, A., et al., Early results of patellofemoral inlay resurfacing arthroplasty using the HemiCap Wave prosthesis. Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2017. 25(1): p. 2309499017692705.
* Laursen, J.O., High mid‑term revision rate after treatment of large, full‑thickness cartilage lesions and OA in the patellofemoral joint using a large inlay resurfacing prosthesis: HemiCAP‑Wave®.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc, 2017.
* Pascual-Garrido, C., et al., A Comparison of the Outcomes for Cartilage Defects of the Knee Treated With Biologic Resurfacing Versus Focal Metallic Implants. Arthroscopy: The Journal of Arthroscopic & Related Surgery, (Sept 2016).
* Laursen, J.O., Treatment of full-thickness cartilage lesions and early OA using large condyle resurfacing prosthesis: UniCAP®. Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy, 2016. 24(5): p. 1695-1701.
* Laursen, J.O. and M. Lind, Treatment of full-thickness femoral cartilage lesions using condyle resurfacing prosthesis. Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy, 2015: p. 1-6.
* Brennan, S.A., et al., Focal femoral condyle resurfacing. Bone & Joint Journal, 2013. 95-B(3): p. 301-304.
* Bollars, P., et al., Prosthetic inlay resurfacing for the treatment of focal, full thickness cartilage defects of the femoral condyle: a bridge between biologics and conventional arthroplasty. Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy, 2012. 20(9): p. 1753-1759.
* Becher, C., et al., Minimum 5-year results of focal articular prosthetic resurfacing for the treatment of full-thickness articular cartilage defects in the knee. Archives of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, 2011. 131(8): p. 1135-1143.