Episurf Medical has appointed a formal Clinical Advisory Board as an important core group for the company´s continuous efforts to pioneer the field of patient specific treatments. The Advisory Board consists of five KOLs in the field of cartilage repair and medical radiology.
This information was published, 2015-11-16 15:57 CET (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) —
The first inaugural Clinical Advisory Board meeting was held in Stockholm 13 and 14 of November 2015. Professor Leif Ryd, Senior Medical Advisor to Episurf Medical, chaired the meeting.
“The creation of a formal Clinical Advisory Board is a key milestone in the company’s continuous efforts to implement our patient specific technology platform as an industry standard in Europe and globally. I’m delighted to welcome five industry “superstars” to work with us in bringing people novel viable treatments based on cutting edge technology”, says Rosemary Cunningham Thomas, CEO of Episurf Medical.
Episurf Medical’s goals in working closely with the advisors are fourfold: to gain a better understanding of the trends, drivers and priorities shaping clinical practice and the management of cartilage damage; to validate Episurf Medical’s value proposition and strategic direction thereby ensuring the company’s business is in sync with customers’ needs and expectations; to review, assess and brainstorm product direction, improvement and development; and lastly, to build robust and clinically evidenced patient outcome data.
The Clinical Advisory Board consists of the following Key Opinion Leaders in the field of cartilage repair and medical radiology:
- Associate Professor Mr. Tim Spalding, UK; Specialist Knee Surgeon, University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust and Honorary Associate Professor, Warwick Medical School, University of Warwick.
- Dr. Johannes Holz, Germany; Specialist in orthopedics and trauma surgery Ortho Centrum Hamburg, Parkklinic Manhagen.
- Professor Mats Brittberg, Sweden; Professor, Cartilage Research Unit, Gothenburg University, Orthopaedic surgeon, Department of Orthopaedics, Kungsbacka Hospital, Kungsbacka.
- Associate Professor Karl Eriksson, Sweden; Department of Orthopedics, “Sofiahemmet” Södersjukhuset, Stockholm.
- Professor Seppo Koskinen, Sweden; Professor in Medical Radiology at the Department of Clinical Science, Intervention and Technology, Karolinska Institutet, Senior Consultant, Karolinska University Hospital, Huddinge.
“Episurf’s interests and concerns are directly aligned with surgeons’ requirements for safe and clinically effective innovation for treating cartilage lesions of the knee. We believe there is a large, underserved patient group for which Episealer® could be a potential treatment option. We also think the pre-surgical damage assessment report could be developed into a stand alone diagnostic support tool to assist surgeons with clinical decision making. The working partnership with our advisors will ensure that solid clinical insights inform our current and future business activity”, Rosemary Cunningham Thomas continues.
About Episurf Medical
Episurf Medical is endeavoring to bring people with painful joint injuries a more active, healthier life through the availability of minimally invasive and personalized treatment alternatives. Episurf Medical’s Episealer® personalized implants and Epiguide® surgical drill guides are in development for treating localized cartilage injury in joints. Episurf Medical’s μiFidelity® system will enable implants to be cost-efficiently tailored to each individual’s unique injury for the optimal fit and minimal intervention.
Episurf Medical’s head office is in Stockholm, Sweden. Its share (EPIS B) is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. For more information, go to the company’s website: www.episurf.com. The information in this press release is such that Episurf Medical AB is required to disclose in accordance with the Securities Markets Act and/or the Financial Instruments Trading Act.
For more information, please contact:
Rosemary Cunningham Thomas, CEO, Episurf Medical
Tel: +46 (0) 70-7655892
Tel: +44 (0) 7803-753603